Findings in Arminianism -- December 20, 2013
- The Society of Evangelical Arminians presents a series: Why I am an Arminian (Part One: Testimony, Part Two: Calvinists, Part Three: History, Part Four: Theology, Part Five: Unconvinced by Proof-texts, Part Six: Scripture).
- Craig Adams asks, What is Prayer?
- Roy Ingle confesses that Arminianism didn't save him. He also reasons on the importance of the virgin birth here and here.
- Ben Henshaw of Arminian Perspectives wonders if Calvinism can offer any real hope to parents struggling with the possibility of their children being among the "non-elect."
- John Piper perpetuated the old canard that Arminianism is "man-centered."
- Dale Wayman briefly quotes John Eldredge on the issue of the sovereignty of God.
- Kevin Jackson gave us some light-hearted, funny Calvinist Christmas Songs. (Though there were many good ones, I was torn between these two favorites: "Grandma Got Run Over Because It Was Predestined," and "He's making a list, checking it twice, gunna decide who's naughty and nice.")
- Ben Henshaw presented some brief, calm, and well-reasoned comments on the Duck Dynasty issue.
"Glory to God in the highest; and on earth peace to men of good will." (Luke 2:14 Douay-Rheims) "Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you." (Isaiah 60:1 NRSV)